We were the first British sports team to be awarded the Olympic-inspired ISO 20121, which provides a management framework to Land Rover BAR to guide our use of resources and the impact we have on our environment and its ecology. By ‘walking the walk’ we will inspire other sports teams to follow in our footsteps and create smarter futures for us all.
These are just some of the ways in which we are building a smarter future:
• All our electricity is from renewable resources, generating solar power from all available roof space and using renewable energy for our remaining needs
• We aim to send no waste to landfill, working with a local social enterprise company to reuse and recycle
• We use rainwater capture to satisfy all our external water needs
• We aim to inspire half of our workforce to travel using sustainable options such as taking the train or cycling to work.
• We aim to leave a positive impact on local ecology, building an artificial reef to seed the native oyster population and landscaping our home to mimic local shingle habitats
Together with the support of its Exclusive Sustainability Partner, 11th Hour Racing, the team are creating a new blueprint for the sustainable operation of marine companies and sports teams.MORE